For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. - Psalm 139:13-14

1.08.2011

Why blog?

I was initially hesitant to start a blog about Carter and our family's journey. I didn't want to commercialize on our pain or dishonor Carter's life in some way by being just another blog out there. However, after some encouragement from family, as well as the realization of how hard it can be sometimes to retell things over and over, I gave in.

We are overwhelmed by the number of people who care about Carter and our family. Overwhelmed in a good way, I might add. The least we can do is keep people up to date on what's going on, how God is working, and how others can be praying. Plus, I don't want people to miss out on the current joys we experience as Carter is still quite living and active inside me (Sarah).

As difficult as this is and will continue to be, we also have to draw attention to God's faithfulness. Carter is so clearly God's child. And as much pain as it causes us to give him up, the grace, strength, and love we have experienced so far has been more than we ever expected of God. It really is bittersweet to feel such pain on one hand and such love from Another.

God is good, all the time.

6 comments:

  1. I pray for your family often. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave and godly parents, Ben and Sarah. Thank you for letting us share your journey. I adore the name you have chosen: Carter Benjamin...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving you from Dar es Salaam...praying daily for God's wisdom, grace, peace, joy and strength for each of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    Until now I knew something was happening, but not exactly what. I had a miscarriage when I was 2 months along. I can not begin to imagine what you and Ben are going through. I will continue to pray for your family through this. We serve an awesome God. Maybe someday you will know the reason. Stay strong.
    -Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing Sarah! We are praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda Taylor1/08/2011 7:19 PM

    Sarah and Ben Westfall,

    I cant imagine what you are going through, but know God is Amazing and he will be watching over your family and giving baby Carter strength.. My family will continue to pray here in Japan and i also called my mother n law Tena Taylor to start a pray chain in Ohio at there Church Cedar Creek.. Stay strong dear..

    Love,
    Amanda Taylor and family

    ReplyDelete