For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. - Psalm 139:13-14

4.13.2011

Does Anyone Really Like Change?

I usually don't. However, I've been thinking lately about why I started Carter's blog and what it is now, and I decided it needed a bit of a change.

So...I did some "redecorating." You may notice I did a bit of renaming and rearranging...a good spring cleaning. :)

But, to be completely honest, I had also been wondering about its purpose, since I began it as a one-stop-shop of info for our friends & family members to stay updated. Plus, it is pretty therapeutic for me to help process my thoughts and emotions. But...I could find that therapy in my own personal journal. Who wants their therapy broadcast to the world?

But I am discovering something else along the way...the blog has been a way for God to allow us to tell Carter's continuing story. I continue to be amazed at how this little boy's life has touched the hearts of people, some of whom I have never met or heard of previously. (If that's you, thank you! Your ability to reach out to complete strangers astounds me.)

So while some days I want to shut the blog down ("what more could I possibly have to share?"), I am reminded that God is just beginning to write Carter's story. His life was short, but his legacy isn't. So...I am going to do my best to keep his story going, not to cling to my grief, but to celebrate what God has done.

I once read a mother's book, telling the story of how she lost her baby girl. She said that she wrote the book, in part, because she wanted to be her daughter's voice, to give that tiny life weight in the world. And maybe it's the same for me. (Hence the title change to "Little Feet...Big Footprints")

So...while I usually detest change, I felt that a change to Carter's blog was necessary. It may not be all that different, in theory, but I felt like I at least needed a reason to keep writing. Plus, the overall facelift to the blog design made me feel lighter somehow...like a new chapter is beginning.

1 comment: