For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. - Psalm 139:13-14

4.13.2011

Celebrating Our Little Men

Today I had the honor of holding scrumptious, little baby Josh — the now one-week-old son of my friend Diane and the new little brother of Cohen's friend Sam. (Don't feel left out, Jake; I know you're a proud papa too.)

All 8 pounds of Josh are lovable. He has that sweet baby smell and was so content to just sleep in my arms. I could have rocked him forever if I didn't need to chase after my own 19-month-old son who was terrorizing Diane's dog Hugo.

Diane and I have experienced much of our pregnancies together, all of our boys born only a couple months apart (Cohen & Sam born in Summer 2009; Carter & Josh born in early 2011). I know that if our situation had been different, Carter and Josh would have been good friends just like their older brothers. So, I found it very fitting and comforting today that Josh was the first baby I held since holding my Carter.

I don't have any new revelations or insights to share from this experience, but I thought it worth mentioning in order to celebrate the birth of baby Josh and to recognize what a gift our little boys (all four of them) are.

Thank you, God, for our little men.

(And thanks, Diane, for your continued friendship...and for being so gracious with Cohen's treatment of poor Hugo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment